Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Anaheim Comic-Con: Day 0


So we were supposed to leave at 5am this morning. Yeah, that didn't happen. Long story short: someone broke into Armor-Geddon and The Ninja Boss Lady (N.B.L.) had to take care of business before we could leave town. Since I was already awake I took the extra time I had to go running. By the time I came home, showered, ate breakfast, and checked my feeds everything was better and we could finally leave town.

I always forget how long the drive is and how sick(motion sickness) I get. I made it all the way to the Tejon hills before my body started giving out. The last few hours to Anaheim were pure torture. And we kept running into traffic due to car accidents.

By the time we made it the Anaheim convention center were pretty much out of time to unload, not to mention N.B.L. hadn't arrived yet. H4773r and I went to get our badges so we could unload the few items he had in his car but we were denied because N.B.L. still owed a balance. We managed to still get out the few items H4773r had in his car and were about to leave when we found out N.B.L. was pulling in with van. We just managed to get our badges and then had just enough time to unload the van before the hall shutdown. Actually the hall stayed open just a bit later so we could unload. So thankful.

H4773r and I decided to get dinner in Downtown Disney and then discussed whether or not we'd actually try to spend any money/time in Disneyland. Since we're working most of the time I didn't want to spend a lot of money on 2- or 3-day passes. We finally decided on a 1-day pass for Saturday since we start working later and the park will still be open after the con closes. After dinner we wandered a bit and then made our way to Irvine, which is where our hotel is.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel in Irvine is beautiful and even though it's a drive away, it's not too far. The rest of the evening was spent unwinding from the long day.

I'm super exhausted and can't wait to sleep. We have another long day ahead tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment