Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

San Diego Comic-con, Prelude

It's the night before Comic-con and I'm quite excited and nervous. I wasn't able to score tickets for Thursday or Sunday, but have made plenty of other plans to keep me occupied. I have been running around like crazy for the past few days making sure I get everything I need ready for Comic-con. I am a list queen and checking off items appropriately. I decided at the last minute that I would cosplay as the C0n FaIry. I finally splurged on my tactical vest and everything else fairy-like I already owned.

I've spent some time reading a bunch of other blogs on what to expect because I'm a Comic-con n00b. I've made my tentative schedule of which panels I'd like to catch on Friday and Saturday. I'm really hoping to see the Coraline panel, CBLDF's "Who Killed Amanda Palmer," and Focus Feature: 9 on Friday, and Webcomic bootcamp, Kevin Smith and Mythbusters on Saturday. A couple of these overlap and with big showings in Hall H and I don't know how I'll manage to juggle everything. H4773r has told me he'll follow me wherever I go, so at least I'll have a buddy with the whole time.

I'm hoping to catch a few of the events held after con hours, but I'm very short on funds. I was hoping to catch a showing of Repo! and that same night a concert by Amanda Palmer. Luckily Ms. Palmer is going to do another NINJA party, which I'm hoping to go to instead. Also H4773r bought tickets for us to see After Con, my first live Nerdcore event.

I should attempt sleep here soon but will probably just crash on the ride down instead.

Here are some blog posts I've been using for research:

I'm also following quite a few people on Twitter for this event as well:
Entertainment Earth
Comiccon09
sdcomicon
Comic_Con
SD_Comic_Con
ToplessRobot
Agent_M
pvponline
geekgirldiva
amber_benson
jenniebreeden
feliciaday
DarkHorseComics
TychoBrae
ThatKevinSmith
amandapalmer
wilw
donttrythis
neilhimself
warrenellis
jimlee00
cwgabriel

(Yes, my cell phone will be going off constantly this weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment